Legal Questions

If the offended party dies before he is able to file a complaint, may his heirs file it in his behalf?

Can't share this digest on Facebook? Here's why.

image_printPrint this!

No.  The right to file a criminal action is personal and abates upon the death of the offended party.  It is not transmissible to the heirs.

image_printPrint this!

Leave a Reply