To whom should you appeal the decision of the prosecutor?

The decision of the prosecutor may be modified by the Secretary of Justice or in special cases by the President of the Philippines.

However, pursuant to DOJ Circular No. 70-A, series of 2000, petitions for review in cases cognizable by the MTC, MTCC, MCTC, and MeTC (except in NCR) shall be filed with the Regional State Prosecutor. Resolutions of the RSP are may be appealed to the SOJ.